A boudoir session can be downright terrifying to think about – you might show up nervous but we promise that you’ll strut out our door feeling empowered, confident, and super sexy! Whether it’s a wedding or other special occasion gift for your significant other or it’s just for you, (actually, let’s not say “just” because that’s amazing!) this experience will boost your confidence and you won’t want to leave! This photo shoot is so much more than a few pretty pictures, those are just a bonus – it’s for you to see how beautiful you truly are!
A glass of wine or some tea, snacks, and music will set the tone for you to relax and rock your sesh – we’ll be there for laughs, encouragement, and support every step of the way!
1. Try on outfits then practice your posing in the mirror. Depending on material, if something’s been packed away in the back of your closet or a dresser drawer, due to moisture and other factors, your clothes can fit differently after trying them on again! Of course we’ll tell you exactly what to do and how to pose but it’s always great to see how your clothing fits on you in different poses. *Posing tips: Remember to keep your shoulders back and your chin slightly up. This helps you to maintain a flattering jawline. It feels silly, but I promise looks much better when you do this. Try your best to keep your body slightly turned, this will help you look slimmer than if you were standing straight on facing the camera. Tilt your shoulders toward the photographer, slightly dropped down and keep your hips at an angle. Keep your chin out and your arm gently pressed up against you (the more you push it against you, the less flattering it will be!) *Some of our clients actually take photos ahead of time to know they love their hair/ makeup/ smile/ outfits/ posing and that can only help you!
2. Everyone says avoid fake tanning so I suppose I’m the odd man out when it comes to this. I use fake tanner once a week and it looks so natural! I buy: Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse on Amazon (I swear I don’t have stock in this, ha). If you don’t typically fake tan, you definitely don’t need to start now and if you do, then please do it at least a week prior to be on the safe side. We’re just worried about the “Oompa Loompa effect” so if you decide on a sunless tan, then take a few photos and see if you’re looking orange. If you are then we promise you white is a step up from orange so opting out of a fake tanner is a good plan.
6. Don’t pick at facial blemishes, leave ‘em (or you will make them worse!) and we’ll edit them out of your faves.
7. Fishnets are flattering for curvier women who want to look slimmer. Bright colors offer petite figures more curves. As stated previously, try on your wardrobe choices ahead of time and you’ll see what is the most flattering fit for your body type! *We recommend cheeky for underwear; thongs don’t photograph as well.
8. More is more! I cannot say this enough. If it’s a possible wardrobe option, throw it in the bag. ex that, if it might wrinkle, hang it up. Maybe it’s jeans that accent your curves nicely or an oversized shirt, coffee mug, and book that bring you to your happy place. You know you; you know what you feel sexy in so bring those items, whatever they are. Also, add to your list of must-haves: a couple matching bras/ underwear (one textured black or white and one of another color, red is a great choice and for many, pushup bras are very flattering), a few lingerie options, some open toed black or nude high heels (we’re talking 4” ladies and personally, we recommend bringing black!) and a white button up shirt (or a favorite shirt of his – some bring a button up shirt or a t-shirt, some bring both) are all great options. *We do have some sexy size 7 black heels in the studio all ready for you to step into. 🙂
9. Personalize, personalize. If you’re doing this just for you, awesome, that’s incredible. If it’s also for a special someone to enjoy, grab their favorite ball cap, a football, a jersey etc. and add something extra special just for them. We had a bride bring her fiance’s cubans and we got some killer black and white shots for her (or perhaps, I should say, for him ;))
10. Accessorize, don your favorite jewelry! Diamond earrings, pearl necklaces, and anything else you love will be the perfect final touch for your image.
11. Tom and Donna (aka we’re talking Parks and Rec now so you know the advice
following is gonna be good :)) got it right when they said to “treat yo’ self!” The week before, enjoy a mani and pedi. Also, if you’re in need of hair services, waxing anywhere, or doing anything else to make you feel your most confident, be sure to also knock those things out well beforehand.
12. Fill out our questionnaire with anything you think we might need to know – your session is uniquely yours and we want to bring your vision to life!
13. What relaxes you? If it’s a bubble bath with candles then do that the night before. Whatever it may be, some pre-relax relaxing can never be a bad thing!
14. If you’re having us do your hair/ makeup then arrive with dry, clean hair. If you’ll feel better about yourself with your hair and makeup done professionally, it’s worth the splurge, whether you leave it to us or your salon.
15. Do bring; q-tips for under your eye mascara in case of smudges (on that note, avoid too much eye makeup, specifically heavy eye liner and mascara as it tends to make your eyes look squinty), lotion for dry areas that are exposed, chapstick (if you have dry lips, for the week or two ahead of time, consistently apply to make this less noticeable), bobby pins and hair ties in case you decide to change up your look, hair spray, brush, mirror, a compact and/ or blot strips to get rid of shine. Honestly, you know what your go-to items are when you want to look your best, so whatever those are for you, make a list the day before and be sure to pack ‘em in your bag!
16. Avoid shine/ glitter makeup and lotion as you run the risk of it photographing weird.
17. The perfect time for a boudoir session is now, you’re never too old or too (you fill in the blank here). Our clients tell us all the time that we were the confidence booster they needed; that this session changed their life.
18. Relax and trust us, we’re going to show off your best assets and you’ll be feeling like a million bucks within seconds of walking in our door!
Have a blast, we’ll make this an easy task! 🙂 We promise to give you images that will blow you away and make you see yourself for the gorgeous bombshell that you truly are!