1. Smile often!! Relax and enjoy your wedding day… the photos will turn out a million times better.
2. Bring a satin or wooden hanger for your wedding dress… it makes a world of difference when capturing the beauty of it. *We come prepared with wooden hangers for you and your girls but having one with your future name on it or that says “bride” is adorable. We also always love it when you have bridesmaid hangers as it adds an extra special touch to your day. 🙂
3. Practice fully getting on the dress (especially if it’s complex with lots of buttons or a lace-up back) so you know how long it will realistically take.
4. Practice bustling your dress. I’ve seen brides take 30 minutes to bustle their dress because no one knew how.
5. Bring comfortable shoes… trust me, your feet will thank you.
6. Let “I do” be the only first on this day. Don’t let your wedding day be the first time you experiment with fake tanner or go through a trial run for your hair and make-up. There’s nothing that saddens me more than a bride who doesn’t feel confident and beautiful on her wedding day.
7. Touch up your make-up throughout the day. Getting rid of shine on your face makes a huge difference in your photos!
8. Think about the light… in the winter it gets dark between 3:30 and 4 yet in the summer you have more time so plan your wedding party shots accordingly and don’t be afraid to ask your photographer for help!
9. A lot of churches have rules re: no flash photography or where the photographers are allowed to stand. Make sure you ask and are ok with this prior to choosing the location for your ceremony.
10. Have your bridesmaids get dressed before you do as the photos of them helping you get into your wedding dress will look much better.